Easy Shrimp Street Tacos with Billy’s SLAPP’N (TM) SAUCE
This easy and delicious recipe for street tacos uses just a few ingredients, but packs a lot of flavor into a small package! Billy’s SLAPP’N SAUCE takes the flavor profile to the next level!
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cabbage slaw (from the store or make your own)
- 12 small corn tortillas (street taco size)
- Olive oil, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper
- Billy’s SLAPP’N SAUCE
Prepare the shrimp:
- For the marinade – combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon chili powder, ¾ teaspoon group cumin, 1-2 garlic cloves (minced), and 1 teaspoon lime juice in a bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat; rest for 15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Thread shrimp onto metal or wood skewers and grill 1-2 minutes per side until shrimp is opaque.
Prepare the tortillas:
- Spray each tortilla with a non-stick cooking spray
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the tortillas, flipping once. (They should be soft, not crisp.)
- Wrap in foil and place in warm oven until ready to assemble tacos.
- Cut each cooked shrimp into 3-4 smaller pieces.
- Spoon shrimp into the tortilla, top with slaw, then SLAPP ON Billy’s SLAPP’N SAUCE™
- Add jalapeno slices if you like heat.